[Sugar-devel] Outreachy - Going Beyond Equal Temperament in Music Blocks

Sachithra Dangalla sachithradangalla at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 07:16:09 EDT 2017

I understand now. The bottom line is that the UI must restrict the user
from adding more than one of the same note. (Right?)

> *...I need to think about it. Sachi-D, if you have time, please make
> mockups for a) multiple pitch blocks to define different names (nominal
> values) for the same pitch for your design and mine and b) your design with
> a single "define pitch" block.*

I will definitely think through and come up with designs.

Right now I'm trying to list down the things that must be done in the
project, in order to come up with a timeline (since the deadline is near).
[1] is a draft timeline I created in order to clarify the expected
outcomes. I have a better understanding about the expected frequency
mapping process(but the inner details and time have to be filled later).

After mapping the frequencies, the next focus has to be on transformations
such as adding half-steps, intervals and mode - as Walter said on a
previous mail. But I still have a lot to figure out about them. Or will
they be understood while actually implementing the project?

I would really appreciate it if you can comment your ideas in the following
sheet.

[1] - Google Sheet -
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jkp1rpCVn6fIIg6xIYnDhHebzFAcxogqtpMaJezBI0c/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,