[Sugar-devel] Outreachy - Going Beyond Equal Temperament in Music Blocks

Sachithra Dangalla sachithradangalla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 00:25:04 EDT 2017

Thanks for the link. Somehow I missed that issue while going through the
list of issues.

I'm trying to define the scope of the project in order to come up with a
timeline for the project.

As Walter said earlier, then the first step would be to set up a method so
that a given frequency will be mapped to a note(12 notes in the octave),
rather than predefined equal temperament intervals. After that, the same
approach can be used to define sets of frequencies for notes on the scale
to support predefined temperament types, is that so?

Regards,

*Sachithra Dangalla,*
Undergraduate B.Sc.Eng.(Hons.)
University of Moratuwa,