[Sugar-devel] Minor update to Make Your Own Sugar Activities!

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed Mar 15 23:32:09 EDT 2017

James,

Sugar now provides in the Journal a link to the Documents directory.
This, of course, has the problem that the display does not show
subdirectories. I have toyed with the idea of having the tutorials use
Sugar Commander and the excellent gedit activity instead of the shell
and nano. However, at the end I believe that the Terminal activity is
simple to use and that learners should become familiar with the file
system through shell commands. The nano editor is easy to use.

I think that a second round of tutorials introducing Sugar Commander,
gedit, and git could be introduced for learners already familiar with
shell commands and nano.

Tony