[Sugar-devel] Minor update to Make Your Own Sugar Activities!

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Mar 13 23:56:44 EDT 2017

Hi, Walter and Alex

Alex, if you are referring to maintaining ASLO, +1.

My point was not about either gitorious or github but the fact that by
design the source code for every activity (with some binary exceptions)
is in the bundle.
It is always clear where the source is located, in the bundle. Frankly,
I don't see either gitorious or github as relevant to Sugar activities.
If we want to encourage learning about version control (a focus of a
recent GSOC), we should find a way to deliver git with Sugar.

As I mentioned many months ago, the appropriate place for the link to
the the github repository is ASLO. If the link were there, I could click
on it immediately.

With the current scheme, to find out where the repository  is, I need to
find the activity on ASLO, download, install (or unzip) it, use the
Terminal activity and nano to display activity.info, and then get back
on the internet to use the url. Alternatively, I could go to the
github/Sugar labs site and scroll through up to seven screens to find it.

Tony