[Sugar-devel] Ubuntu 16.04 build problem

Vijeth T Aradhya vijthaaa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 05:21:54 EST 2017

Hi all,

Since I was building it behind a proxy, I removed the *sugar-web *part just
as it is mentioned here
<https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html>. Everything went
well, until I did 'run'. Then, I got this error.

gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process capabilities, unsecure memory
might get used
xinit: connection to X server lost

I tried looking this up online, but the only thing I found was when you
don't use sudo, you get "gnome-keyring-daemon: insufficient process
capabilities ..." error. But, here we are using sudo whenever we run it.

I talked to Eli Heuer (who was trying fix this error on Ubuntu 16.10) on
the IRC yesterday about this as well, and I also tried to look into it.
But, I'm not sure what to do. Could you guys please help me out? I'd love
to start contributing as soon as possible!

Looking forward to your response,

Thank you,
Vijeth Aradhya,
Undergraduate Sophomore,
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad