[Sugar-devel] sugar-meeting notes today

Tony Anderson tony at olenepal.org
Thu Jun 29 00:44:54 EDT 2017

Hi James

When you use the word activities, do you mean Sugar Activities?

At least in the original Sugar design, each activity is to supply its
own dependent packages in the bundle. The 'owner' of the activity is
expected to test the activity to verify that it works with a new Sugar
release. In addition, activities generally are expected not to be
release dependent but that new releases of Sugar also support them.

There may be certain activities such as Record that are inherently part
of a Sugar release, but except for these there should be no connection
between an activity bundle and the build system.

If the activities are kept separate from specific Sugar releases, the
problems you cite should not apply. Users of a Sugar release can install
activity bundles from ASLO as needed.

Tony