[Sugar-devel] Google Code In wrap up

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:32:34 EST 2017

Google Code In ended on Monday. We had 296 students participate and 422
tasks completed. From the feedback I have gotten from the students it was a
valuable experience for them and certainly from the point of view of Sugar
Labs we got some great work done. We also had 36 mentors this year, which
made it a much richer experience for the students and a much more
manageable situation for me. And some help from some non-mentors too
(tip-of-the-hat to Quozl).

The mentors need to select our 5 finalists from the top ten contributors as
well as our 2 grand-prize winners and 1 runner up.

TymonR 32
Cristian García 29
Pablo Salomón Ortega 23
Emily Ong Hui Qi 22
Hrishi Patel 19
Himanshu Sekhar Nayak 14
Kachachan Chotitamnavee 13
Hitesh Agarwal 12
eohomegrownapps 11
Matías Martínez 10
Ayush Kumar 10

Please email to me you thoughts so we can take them into consideration in
the decision.

I would also appreciate feedback on GCi, our process and our tasks. Would
be good for making sure we do a better job next year.

thanks all.

-walter

--
Walter Bender