[Sugar-devel] [UKids] [Announcement] Sugarizer v0.8 is available for your device
tim at timmoody.com
Fri Jan 6 09:05:01 EST 2017
Congratulations. This is a lot of progress.
From: unleashkids at googlegroups.com <unleashkids at googlegroups.com> on behalf of Lionel Laské <lionel.laske at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 3:02 AM
To: Sugar-dev Devel; iaep; unleashkids at googlegroups.com; OLPC Devel
Subject: [UKids] [Announcement] Sugarizer v0.8 is available for your device
I'm proud to announce the eighth version (0.8) of Sugarizer, a taste of Sugar for any device.
Sugarizer | A taste of Sugar on any device<http://sugarizer.org/>
A taste of Sugar on any device With Sugarizer, you can discover the Sugar Learning Platform on any device Used every day by nearly 3 million children around the world ...
Main features in this new version:
* Speak activity: The famous Sugar Speak activity: anything you type will be spoken aloud using the speech synthesizer.
* Moon activity: Another famous Sugar activity. A Moon phase viewer, includes Lunar phase information and eclipse data.
* Video Viewer activity: A generic video viewer, explore a predefined libraries (Khan Academy, Canopé) or import your own library and share it with others in the Journal.
* Shared Notes activity: A shared board where you could stick Post-It notes and share it in real time with others using presence.
* Updated Etoys activity: Latest version of Etoys is now included in the Sugarizer package.
* Windows 10: Sugarizer is now available in the Windows Store . So if you've got a PC on Windows, Sugarizer is one click long from you.
* Performance improvement: script optimization and lazy loading of data had dramatically improve performance in all activities.
* Better touch support: a new scrollable home view and a better handling of long touch on touch screens of any size.
* Application size reduction: Sugarizer application size is now under 50Mb.
* Portuguese localization: a new language support for our friends from Portugal and Brazil,
* SugarLabs inside: Sugarizer source code is now in SugarLabs repository .
New in Sugarizer 0.8 for Android is "Sugarizer OS". Sugarizer OS is a way to use Sugarizer as your Android Launcher on the device. So you could have the same experience with Sugarizer on your tablet/smartphone that you've got with Sugar on the XO laptop. More specifically, Sugarizer OS features are:
* Directly boot the device on Sugarizer home view (no more Android stuff)
* Full features and activities of Sugarizer (Sugarizer and Sugarizer OS share the same code)
* Include both Sugarizer activities and Android applications in your home view using favorites feature
* Launch Android applications from Sugarizer home view
* Journal will trace both Sugarizer and Android application launch
* Launch Android settings from the Sugarizer settings dialog
* Manage WiFi connection from the Sugarizer neighborhood view (like in Sugar)
With Sugarizer OS, Sugar on Android is now a reality: enjoy the experience and spread the world with Sugarizer !
Sugarizer 0.8 is available on: Windows Store , Google Play , Amazon Store , Apple Store , Chrome Web Store  and F-droid .
Sugarizer OS for Android is available in beta here .
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Vishal Batchu (Speak activity), Shirsh Zibbu (Moon activity), Bert Freudenberg (Etoys activity), Jeremie Amsellem (Sugarizer OS), Michaël Ohayon (Sugarizer OS), Afmachado (Portugueuse Translation), Naofum (Japanese Translation), Christoph Derndorfer (German Translation), Piotr Antosz (Polish Translation), Shubham Jaiswal (Arabic Translation), Samson Goddy (Igbo Yoruba Translation), Tymon P.Radzik (TankOp localization), Matías Martínez (Get Things Done, Chat Prototype and Markdown activity localization) - 4 students from Google Summer of Code and 5 students from Google Code In !
Sugarizer - Windows Apps on Microsoft Store<https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4r782>
The Sugar Learning Platform is a leading learning platform developed for the One Laptop per Child project and used every day by nearly 3 million children around the world. With Sugarizer, you could discover the Sugar Learning Platform on any Windows device. Sugarizer include a bunch of educative activities coming from the Sugar Learning Platform. A collection of tools that learners use to explore, discover, create, and reflect. Sugarizer is an open source software under Apache 2 licence, source code is available on Github.
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Unleash Kids" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to unleashkids+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com<mailto:unleashkids+unsubscribe at googlegroups.com>.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel