[Sugar-devel] Poll activty translation with gettext

Jammily Ortigoza jortigozaf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:42:33 EDT 2017

Yes, in that specific line that I mentioned, they are the same.

However, I downloaded the es.po from https://translate.sugarlabs.or
g/es/Poll-Builder/
I'm using the updated Poll.pot from https://github.com/
sugarlabs/poll-activity/commits/master) and I did what Sebastian's said:

  msgmerge -U es.po Poll.pot

I translated the missing messages and generate the .xo file.

But still the same, the messages with % are not been translated.

I did the same with Finance activity, I just didn't add any translation
because the es.po from https://translate.sugarlabs.org/es/Finance/
<http://translate.sugarlabs.org> is complete. I generated the .xo file,
installed it and the translation worked (messages with % also).

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Back to the original question, is the msgid after running genpot  the same
> as what you tried to add  by hand?
>
> On Aug 30, 2017 1:11 AM, "James Cameron" <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.  I didn't know how to do that!
>>
>> POT file is already up to date, it is the es.po file that is not.
>>
>> Committed as
>> https://github.com/godiard/poll-activity/commit/2a15a5048970
>> 7063edbabe73da4c13aab438890d
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 10:50:35PM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > We should strive to let contributors help without bottlenecks.
>> >
>> > For what is worth, you can obtain a new pot file with the command
>> `python
>> > setup.py genpot` when you run it in the activity directory.
>> >
>> > Then, you will need to merge the untranslated `.pot` strings into the
>> already
>> > translated `es.po`.
>> >
>> > This can be done with `msgmerge -U es.po Poll.pot` (assuming Poll.pot)
>> is the
>> > file generated in the previous step.
>> >
>> > Then you could make a pull request with the updated pot and po files.
>> >
>> > Hope this helps!
>> >
>> > Sebastian
>> >
>> > On 29/08/17 14:47, Jammily Ortigoza wrote:
>> >
>> >     As you can see, Poll is fully translated for "es" in [1]
>> >     translate.sugarlabs.org but it has missing strings due to staled
>> es.po
>> >     file. What is the procedure to update es.po file with latest
>> changes based
>> >     in POT file into [2]translate.sugarlabs.org?

>> > [1] http://translate.sugarlabs.org/
>> > [2] http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

>> --
>> James Cameron