[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] motion for a new mission statement

Laura Vargas laura at somosazucar.org
Wed Apr 26 12:18:50 EDT 2017

Hi all, Hola a todos,

In my opinion, the proposed mission is an improvement from the text
approved on January by former SLOBs, Still I believe we can do better. It
is a challenge to make it work in only one sentence without neglecting any
"sugar labs key concept", such as:

- community
- free/libre software
- support

Here is my try inspired from Walter's proposal:

"Sugar Labs is a community-run project whose mission is to support a
collection of free/libre software tools that facilitates learners to
discover, create, reflect, translate, share and appropriate such tools in
sustainable and creative manners".

En Español:

"Sugar Labs es un proyecto gestionado por la comunidad, cuya misión es
apoyar una colección de herramientas de software libre que facilita a los
estudiantes descubrir, crear, reflejar, traducir, compartir y apropiarse de
tales herramientas de maneras sostenibles y creativas".

Looking forward to your opinions.

Regards and blessings,

Laura Victoria

> Assent.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.netrek.org/

Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ Laura Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LaMAgiaDelTiempo
#LearningByDoing