[Sugar-devel] motion for a new mission statement

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at sugarlabs.org
Mon Apr 24 19:24:19 EDT 2017

Thanks James. I think the probably of the low engagements especially in the
area of Social Media and Google search is less commitment. Someone needs to
take that responsibility, i had issues with some volunteers who went on
creating Social media accounts on behalf of Sugar Labs. Our first twitter
account was created by someone i don't really know, and google crawled it.

What i am trying to say is that people just go on creating different
accounts with different information about Sugar and Sugar Labs, which is
extremely bad for the community. I made a proposal(Social Media Manager)
about tackling and enhancing the SL on Social Media world, but i guess it
was ignored. There are some service that are paid even if you are
non-profit, i believe OLPC uses Hootsuite(paid platform) and it is getting
the job done. OLPC Facebook page (over 20k followers), twitter (over 17k
followers) but OLPC is a hardware company that don't even sell xo to the
general public. Sugar Labs that supposedly serves as "The Software"
community have less than 1k followers in all platforms. Why is that?

So this should be our second priority because without this we cannot sell
the mission to people especially the non-xo users.

SG