[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Activities added to GithHub

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 24 00:02:10 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 11:21:40AM +0800, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Hi James, Walter
>
> I reviewed the 71 activities for which I created a repository in
> github/ sugarlabs.
>
> Of these 47 are not duplicates to repositories on git.sugalabs.org.

But you omit repositories in other than git.sugarlabs.org?

For instance, Implode-17 has activity.info file with correct
repository value, yet you had created one for it?

Activities may have no repositories, a repository on
git.sugarlabs.org, a repository on laptop.org, a repository held by an
individual, or a repository on http://github.com/sugarlabs

For some activities, the repository on http://github.com/sugarlabs is
a clone of a master repository somewhere else.

> My understanding from the community is that activity repositoies on
> git.sugarlabs.org should be considered the 'master' copy and ported
> to github,

Not if there is a more recent repository than git.sugarlabs.org

> James has raised the point that adding some 600 repositories to
> github/ sugarlabs makes reviewing the repositories more difficult.

No, I didn't say that.

> I would advocate Ignacio's idea that we have a
> github/sugaractivitiies which would leave the sugarlabs repositories
> for Sugar.

I've stated why I think that is bad.

> In the meantime, I plan to do nothing more on this project until
> there is a clear direction from the community on how it is to be
> done.
>
> My goal is to get repositories on github corresponding to each
> activity in ASLO so that we can eliminate the 'developer web',

I don't agree with this goal.

If there was any consultation on this goal; those who make the most
commits should have the most say.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/