[Sugar-devel] Activities added to GithHub

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 21:24:10 EDT 2017

Tony,

I can not speak for every contributor, but there is a lot more to
contributing to a project than the end result. Many contributors take pride
in their contributions and these days, one's GitHub contributions have
value in the job market. A wholesale removal of the git history by Sugar
Labs does not send a very welcoming message to past or future contributors.
On a more mundane level, the lack of history means as a developer I have no
way of knowing whom to ask for help.

-walter

--
Walter Bender