[Sugar-devel] GCompris query

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Apr 22 06:56:11 EDT 2017

Hi Utkarsh,

Good to hear from you again.

Actually, the new GCompris works very well on all models of XO.

#!/bin/bash

here=$PWD
#install GCompris activity
echo 'install GCompris'
rm -rf /home/olpc/Activities/GCompris.activity
sugar-install-bundle gcompris-7.xo

#install gcompris
sudo rpm -ivh libpaper-1.1.24-4.fc17.i686.rpm
sudo rpm -ivh tuxpaint-0.9.21-8.fc17.i686.rpm
sudo rpm -ivh gnucap-0.35-9.fc17.i686.rpm
sudo rpm -ivh gnuchess-5.08-2.fc17.i686.rpm
sudo rpm -ivh gcompris-12.11-1.fc17.i686.rpm

There are two scripts: one for XO-1 and XO-1.5 and another for the
XO-1.75 and XO-4 base on architecture.

gcompris-7.xo is a simple wrapper that launches GCompris from the Home
View.

$gcompris

works from the Terminal activity since GCompris is installed as a Gnome
application.

Tony