[Sugar-devel] Attackers

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 03:05:07 EDT 2016

Good news is that we are not under attack to the best of my knowledge.

What happened is that the cert renewal script has failed.  Lucky that
Samuel documented the system very well [1]!

However, LetsEncrypt client was crashing due to "ImportError: No module
named datetime".  I "git pull"ed to the latest LE client version and it
worked a charm.

@Sysadmins:  This script is run by cron, so it should have been failing
every day.  I can't remember reading any of the logs about it on the
logs email lists.  There is so much noise there though (like an email
every hour) that I don't bother to read the contents any more.

[1]  https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sysadmin/Letsencrypt

Thanks,
Sam