[Sugar-devel] HttpError in ./osbuild pull

Utkarsh Tiwari iamutkarshtiwari at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:26:51 EST 2016

Hi,
    You are getting 'HTTP error 404' which is a code for a situation when a
requested webpage is not found. You need to check if there is some issue
with your internet connection.

If you need help with setting up sugar-build on Mac, there is a way with
which I can help.
You need to do the following steps-
1) download the Vmware Fusion for your mac and install it.
2) Download the latest stable Ubuntu (16.04) iso file
3) We need to setup a virtual machine on you Mac to run Ubuntu in parallel.
Follow this tutorial- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7JyIf8bmL8
4) After Ubuntu is installed on your Mac, you can follow the same procedure
as you are doing now or you could follow this guide -
https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html

Let us know if you need more help. You can possibly wait for others to
reply as well. They might have better solutions :)

Regards,
Utkarsh Tiwari

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 12:27 AM, Ridhwanul Haque <rhemon19 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am not sure if it is supported but I was trying to set up the dev
> environment following
> https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html, in Raspbian in
> Raspberry Pi. But when I tried running ./osbuild pull I get the folloing
> error :
> Failed to download http://sunjammer.sugarlbas.org/~buildbot
> /broot/last-armv6l-master
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-host/install/bin/broot",
> line 5, in <module>
>     main.main()
>   File "/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-
> host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/main.py", line 80,
> in main
>     if not cmd_function(options, other_args):
>   File "/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-
> host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/main.py", line 40,
> in cmd_setup
>     return root.setup()
>   File "/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-
> host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/root.py", line 240,
> in setup
>     if not self._download():
>   File "/home/pi/Desktop/sugarlabs/sugar-build/build/out/sandbox-
> host/install/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/broot/root.py", line 281,
> in _download
>     last = urllib2.urlopen(last_url).read().strip()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 127, in urlopen
>     return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in open
>     response = meth(req, response)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 520, in http_response
>     'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 445, in error
>     return self._call_chain(*args)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 379, in _call_chain
>     result = func(*args)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 528, in http_error_default
>     raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
> urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> I have seen that there were similar problems posted on lists.sugarlabs.org
> but couldn't really find out the solution, and its also possible i missed
> it out since it was very difficult to read it there. I have directly
> followed the development document link that i shared, so if there was any
> perquisite steps I have missed it out. Raspberry pi has already python in
> it so dont think thats necessary to install, but if there is any other
> library, it might not be there. So if I am supposed to do anything before
> running the command "./osbuild pull" please let me know.And also if it is
> not possible to set up in Raspbian, then where can I set up the dev
> environment, is it possible in Mac?  I am sorry if I am repeating the
> question, but I hope I will be getting some response.
> Thank you in advance.

Ütkarsh Tiwari