[Sugar-devel] Regarding contribution to open source and Gsoc 2017

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 21:03:17 EST 2016

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 4:22 PM, PRAMOD YADAV <pramod.y15 at iiits.in> wrote:

> Hi Sir,
>
> This is Pramod Yadav from India .
>
> I want to start contributing to your organization in form of open source
> and bug fixing  and I have a project proposal for Gsoc 2017 as I want to
> participate in Gsoc via your organization.
>
> It would be very kind of you if you could help me in getting started.

Thanks for your interest in Sugar Labs. We are in the middle of our
preparations for Google Code-in, so I don't think anyone has the bandwidth
at the moment to be looking ahead to GSoC 2017. That said, I anticipate
that Sugar Labs will be applying again next year.

Typically we look for projects that both stretch us a bit -- exploring a
new approach or direction -- but also has a solid connection to our core
pedagogical values. Might be best to review the projects from the last few
years (all found in wiki.sugarlabs.org). Also, get involved with the
community: chase down a few bugs; write some documentation; bring Sugar
into a classroom... anything to both for you to get a sense of what it is
we do and also for us to get a sense of who you are.

regards.

-walter

> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> Thanks .