[Sugar-devel] Need help with 'shutil'

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat May 28 08:55:55 EDT 2016

Hi Ütkarsh,

I suppose shutil is a more elegant way to do it. I have become dependent
on subprocess as a 'swiss army knife'. It lets you issue any
shell command.

from subprocess import call, Popen, Pipe #generally covers all cases

cmd = 'zip -r my_folder.zip my_folder
call(cmd,cwd=root,shell=True)

If you use shutil, make sure that the resulting file is a zip file and
not a archive file (tarball).

Tony