[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Instant palette popdown - a usability improvement

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sat May 28 08:21:16 EDT 2016

Hi Gonzalo,

I actually think this change unifies the touch and mouse design.
Currently touch is designed so that a long press == a right click.  The
touch event is also ignored if it triggers a palette - so that long
pressing a button only opens the palette and does not activate the
button

This design works nicely.  But some of the time it doesn't work.  Eg.
long pressing the home view activity icons will launch an activity as
well as opening the palette.  That is annoying.  I'm sure we can fix it
though.

Thanks,
Sam