[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Thu May 26 12:08:20 EDT 2016

Hi

On 26 May 2016 at 11:30, Yash Agarwal <agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today's Work
>
>    1. Normalized the glyph drawing code
>    2. Made a renderGlyph Class for drawing the glyph inside a specified
>    box size
>    3. Made a glyphGridInstance Class for drawing a grid of glyph from a
>    given list
>
> code available here
> <https://github.com/sugarlabs/edit-fonts-activity/tree/yash-v0>
> screenshot is here
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sugarlabs/edit-fonts-activity/yash-v0/Screenshot.png>

Great progress from yesterday! :D

> Tomorrow's target
>
>    1. Make a complete class for the character View
>    2. make buttons on the side of the grid that allows the user to see
>    all of the characters or make a scrollable grid view

Sounds good!

> Questions
>
>    1. @Dave what should we use buttons on either side of the grid or a
>    scrollable grid view for the character map
>
> Lets start with "pagination" buttons that shift the whole grid when
clicked, and then look into scrolling it :)

I would expect that there are GTK class methods for both of these
already... :)

>    1. How do we make multiple pages in an activity? eg. one for character
>    map and when the user clicks on one of the glyphs a glyph editing view pops
>    up with a back button to the character map

I suggest looking for activities that do what you want and checking out
their source code :)
https://sugarlabs.github.io/edit-fonts-activity/screenshots-of-other-activities

--
Cheers