[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Yash Agarwal agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 11:30:27 EDT 2016

Today's Work

   1. Normalized the glyph drawing code
   2. Made a renderGlyph Class for drawing the glyph inside a specified box
   size
   3. Made a glyphGridInstance Class for drawing a grid of glyph from a
   given list

code available here
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/edit-fonts-activity/tree/yash-v0>
screenshot is here
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sugarlabs/edit-fonts-activity/yash-v0/Screenshot.png>

Tomorrow's target

   1. Make a complete class for the character View
   2. make buttons on the side of the grid that allows the user to see all
   of the characters or make a scrollable grid view

Questions

   1. @Dave what should we use buttons on either side of the grid or a
   scrollable grid view for the character map
   2. How do we make multiple pages in an activity? eg. one for character
   map and when the user clicks on one of the glyphs a glyph editing view pops
   up with a back button to the character map