[Sugar-devel] Issue tracking on Github?

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed May 18 09:57:08 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave

Its an educational project. An example is
https://github.com/ezequielpereira/Bridge. This version of the
Bridge-activity was developed as part of GCI.
The zip downloaded from github is named Bridge-master.zip. I copied the
zip to an XO-1.75, unzipped, and ran setup.py dist_xo. The result was a
proper xo bundle which installed and ran. However, it failed to start:
import error lib/box2d_32/_Box2D.so.

So setup.py solves the problem of the folder name. However, it does
suggest that we will need to upload xo bundles through a two step
process of
downloading the zip and using it to create the bundle to be uploaded to
ASLO.

On ASLO, this activity is shown as working on versions 0.82-0.104. This
is clearly not correct. I found in uploading helloweb that this range is
the default
value. It is possible to set the lower end (e.g. 0.100 for
sugar-web-activities) but the upper end is 0.104 (0.106, 0.108 have not
been added to the widget).

This import error raises again the issue that some dependencies will be
changed based on XO model and on 32 or 64 bit architechture. During GCI,
Walter set up a platform variable that activities can test to determine
the environment. This will become increasingly important to developers.

Tony