[Sugar-devel] Issue tracking on Github?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed May 18 07:52:49 EDT 2016

Hi

On 18 May 2016 at 04:29, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> Sugar activities from the beginning identified versions by version number.
> For some activities we have tens of versions in ASLO. Switching version
> control from a version number to git branches may be non-trivial. It would
> certainly be helpful to view changes to activities over time.

There are commits where the version is marked in the activity's commit
history, and its easy to tag those commits as releases; then Github
automatically shows them in a release timeline page. Automating the release
process (ie, making the .xo bundle and uploading it to the release page as
a binary attachment) is also straightforward with Travis CI.

> I still believe it is far more important to have a link from the ASLO
> entry for an activity to its github repo than to include the link in
> activity.info.

Great idea :)

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Vision_proposal_2016&type=revision&diff=98736&oldid=98696

--