[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] GSoC mentor stipend motion

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Wed May 18 04:15:45 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave

I think both motions need further explanation.

In the case of the GSOC stipend, I assume the total amount is
transferred to SugarLabs. That amount is based on the number of slots
(6) and not on
the number of mentors. The amount is fixed per slot ($500). So SFC would
take $250 and SugarLabs would take $125. This would result in a balance
of $2625 or $262.50 per each of the ten mentors. Each mentor could
individually decide to request the $262.50 or leave it in the General Fund.

In the case of the membership donation. It appears to be a donation
since there is no penalty. I think it should be a donation request with
the amounts
as an 'expectation'. I don't understand the 'rewards' for larger
donations. What is a release codename?

More importantly, I think the first step is to provide a simple way for
members or non-members to donate to support Sugar Labs. Is this paypal,
credit card or ....  Is this something that SFC must provide or can
SugarLabs do this on its own?

Tony