[Sugar-devel] Sugar-On-The-Ground features

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Tue May 17 02:33:51 EDT 2016

Sebastian

I think we are discussing too many independent issues together.

I overstated the 'reverse'. I believe Sugar can still be distributed
with a default of
'resume' from the home view. However, a gsetting configuration could
allow deployments
and users to select the resume new as default.

The resume feature is essential but is available in a natural way in the
Journal. The home view
implementation suffers heavily from the default naming in the Journal
which the 'save as' feature
addresses. Now when you open the list of resume options on the home view
you only now the sequence
of objects - not what document is involved.

Yes, users know how to cope with the feature. However, originally
neither the palette nor the alt key was needed since
clicking on the icon launched the activity. This was one of the human
interface virtues of Sugar.

Tony