[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOBS] [SLOB] meeting reminder and some open issues to discuss

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Wed May 11 22:28:23 EDT 2016

I'm not a big fan of this idea.

The SLOBs already seem to have some capital.  But they seem to be
scared to spend it.  How much arguing have we done over the translation
co-ordinator position?  Something like a translation position would be
great, but nobody has seemed to actually do anything to put in into
action.

Meanwhile, Sugar continues to evolve.  Us volunteers write code, make
releases, do user testing, etc.  This is not stuff that the SLOBs has
helped with, not in a way that I am aware of at lest.

Is a membership fee for volunteers even something that any other Free
Software orgs do?  GNOME doesn't seem to.

So my opinion is that the SLOBS should do something before seeking to
raise additional funding, especially in this odd way.

Thanks,
Sam