[Sugar-devel] BlackDuck's OpenHub graph of Sugar

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at gmail.com
Mon May 9 06:12:55 EDT 2016

2012/2013 big work was the port to Gtk3 supported by OLPC.
2014 work was mainly supported by OLPC AU, and introduced features
developed on Dextrose,
but never merged in Sugar.
You can look at the release notes for every release in the wiki.

Gonzalo

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:22 AM, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>

> Hi
>
> https://www.openhub.net/p/sugar/commits/summary offers a graph of Sugar
> development activity that is a bit different to the one on Github,
> https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/graphs/contributors although basically
> the same.
>
> What was the jump in activity around 2012/2013/2014, and why did it die
> down? :)
>

> My guesses:
>
> * OLPC AU funded much stuff.  They are now doing Android :'(
>     - We really should reach out and get some reasons why they switched.
> What is Sugar lacking in?  Did your chat with Rangan go into this area Dave?
> * Manuq [1] seems to have moved on
> * Daniel Narvaez [2] completely vanished.  I think some people tried to
> reach out to him what was going on, but that didn't have any effect
>     - We should continue his legacy and fix out testing infrastructure.
> He did amazing things to bring us up to speed with testing, CI servers and
> osbuild
>
> Thanks,
> Sam
>
> [1]  https://github.com/manuq