[Sugar-devel] [SLOB] GSoC mentor stipend motion

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sat May 7 08:53:35 EDT 2016

El 07/05/16 a las 00:40, Tony Anderson escribió:

> Comment. I would prefer to see the motion that mentors can request the
> funds allotted to them. Any funds not requested go to the Sugar
> general fund.
I understand your point. The motion is worded strangely, but I think
that what you are saying is the intention.
*
**Motion (original): to allow the mentors participating in Google Summer
of Code to disperse the mentor stipend among themselves as they see fit.

*I would like to propose a better worded motion, please reply if you
agree / second it:

*Motion (proposed): While it is generally the policy of Sugar Labs to
keep the GSoC mentoring stipends in the General Funds, mentors may
receive them upon request as compensation for their time and effort.*

With Walter recusing himself and you dissaproving, I'm afraid this
motion won't pass, and I am the one who requested the mentoring funds in
the first place, with another mentor also asking for them. I've already
contributed mentoring funds to Sugar Labs from prior GSoC mentorship,
but need the funds this year.

Regards,
Sebastian