[Sugar-devel] External Display on Sugar

Gustavo Duarte gus.duarte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:55:26 EDT 2016

Hi all,

On Sugar 0.107 on Ubuntu running on a "standar'" laptop, when connect an
external monitor to HDMI port, the Desktop AREA is only ONE.

One part of the Desktop area is showed on a display laptop an other part
is showed on external monitor.

I would like to have two Desktop areas, one to be showed on laptop
display and the other on external monitor.

In Ubuntu, i can achieve this setup running a command like:

xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto --right-of eDP1

When I run this command in Sugar, the external monitor turn ON, but I
have only one Desktop AREA.

Is it possible configure Sugar to have two desktop areas, when an
external monitor is connected ?

Thanks in advance.