[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Project Sugarizer OS for the GsoC 2016

Jérémie Amsellem jeremie.amsellem at epitech.eu
Mon Mar 7 15:47:50 EST 2016

Good Evening !

I'm Jeremie Amsellem , Computer Science student in Epitech Paris.
I'm actually in the fourth year of my master and studying abroad in Dublin,
Ireland.

After looking at the projects displayed on the wiki for the GsoC 2016 the
"Sugarizer OS"
particularly caught my attention as it seems to be an interesting challenge
and the
technologies used are a perfect fit for me.

I've been working as an Android developer and on Android projects for the
last three years,
some of them were done under the supervision of Lionel Laské and with the
Epitech student working on
sugarizer applications during the last GsoC, Michaël Ohayon.

We too have worked inside Epitech's "Google Group" on some Java classes
material
and evaluated 3rd year students on an Android project.

I'm actually working on HTML5, Jquery, AngularJS and pure JavaScript
projects, one of them is a template for developers to quickly deploy
responsive websites in JavaScript and HTML5 (https://github.com/lupin012345
).

If it can be helpful, I noticed some of the activities of the Sugarizer
project were using Python files for more than the setup, even through it's
not in the prequisites I'm comfortable with using Python too.

I have done a few pull requests on the sugarizer repository (Rewriting of
the WelcomeWeb activity and patch of a cordova config.xml trouble), could I
have more informations about how I should get started ?

Thank you !

Regards,

*Jérémie Amsellem*
Epitech Google Group