[Sugar-devel] About Reflect Activity

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 12:35:15 EST 2016

Quite simply, while we have mechanisms in Sugar that enable reflection,
there is scant evidence that these mechanisms are used. I for one think
that encouraging the habit of reflection is a critical opportunity we are
missing. (I feel we lost something fundamental in the Sugar pedagogy when
we removed the requirement for "commit messages" upon exiting activities.) The
goal of the reflection activity is the make it both fun and the path of
least resistance to engage in reflection. I've sketched out some mechanisms
in reflect.xo but we need to delve more deeply into this and integrate more
deeply into the Sugar workflow.

-walter

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Shivam Negi <shivamnegi2019 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>     I am Shivam Negi. I am looking forward to contributing to the Reflect
> Activity, given in the ideas page. I would like to know more about the
> activity. What are the goals of this activity.
>
> Regards,
> Shivam

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs