[Sugar-devel] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 07:21:45 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>
wrote:

> Hi, Walter
>
> I hope Chris Leonard's report will include the present status of his
> arrangements with the Conservancy (is he officially on board, has he been
> paid his stipend for May or for June? I would also like the report to
> include the present status of the Nigerian project. In particular was the
> first milestone met (setup) and payment made?

I've not heard directly from Chris, but I am assuming he'll give an update.

> I am opposed to the second motion in the agenda.

I am not sure what is going on here. We already voted on the GSoC Stipend
motion and it passed. The membership motion has not been voted on.

I hope that Adam or someone will be able to report on our financial 'month'
> with starting balance, revenue and expenses during the period, and ending
> balance.

Me too.

> My objections are:
>
> (1) The only method to implement a donation is to write a paper check and
> send it to the Conservancy. There is an attempt to provide a 'donate'
> option to the Sugar Labs website, but I believe it has not been implemented.
>
> (2) Such a fund-raising activity should have a target amount. As far as
> know this goal has not been set.
>
> (3) I have no problem requesting each member to make a donation in an
> amount they can afford. However, I strongly object asking members to
> identify themselves as not having the means to make a donation of a
> specfied amount. A statement like 'In order to meet our financial goal for
> the year, members should try to donate at least $50 although donations in
> any amount are welcome' would be acceptable.
>
> (4) We could identify donors of say $100 or more as sponsors or partners
> or associates or sustaining members, There are many such designations
> available.
> The 'prominent placement' and 'release codename' are not acceptable
> without clarification.
>
> According to Dave Crossland, Caryl Bigenho wants the motion on the
> Financial Manager to be on the agenda. Has she withdrawn her propsoed
> motion.

I have heard nothing further from Caryl (or Adam, who was the one objecting
to some of the reporting language in the version of the proposal we
discussed last month).

There are a few other "motions" kicking around that I am trying to get a
handle on before tomorrow.

regards.

> Tony
>
> We have a Sugar Labs oversight meeting on Friday, 1 July at 19:00 UTC (See
> [1]). Please join us on 1rc.freenode.net #sugar-meetring
>
> See [2] for the current list of agenda items.
>
> regards.
>
> -walter
>

> [1]
> http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20160701T15&p0=43&msg=Sugar+Labs+oversight+board+meeting&font=sanserif