[Sugar-devel] [SLOB] Motion (2 of 2) Sugar Labs donation

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Jun 4 13:52:16 EDT 2016

Dave,

Simply in repetition, passing a motion is not a goal.

The motion is:

Motion: To request a membership donation from each currently active
Sugar Labs Member to be allocated to the General Fund for the calendar
year of 2016, and a public statement about how they use Sugar and why
they are involved in Sugar Labs to post on the website; there is no
penalty for not paying a membership or not providing a statement; by
default members who donate will be kept private, and requested to opt-in
to be recognised. The donation requested will be $12 USD from members
who self-identify as low-income (such as students); $36 USD from general
members; $120 from members who can opt-in to be placed prominently on
the website; and $600 from members who can (privately if they wish)
submit a release codename, subject to SLOB approval.

Perhaps something like the following:

Motion: Sugar Labs will undertake a fund raising drive. Arrangements
will be made to enable on-line contributions by PayPal, debit or credit
card or other
means. Once the means to make contributions is in place, the Financial
Manager will intiate and lead the drive. The Sugar Labs web site will
show progress
in donations toward the goal.

Tony

Motion: Sugar Labs