[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Name object on Activity exit revisited

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Jun 3 02:56:52 EDT 2016

Hi, Walter

Apparently I am being very careless in writing. The intent of this
feature is to require a title supplied by the user before the object is
saved. If the user
changes the title in the activity palette, as per the originial design,
the 'save as' alert is not needed. If the user does not care enough
about the document
to give it a name, then it need not be saved (as when one scribbles in
Paint to try out a color, for example).

It really has nothing to do with commit. That is done automatically when
the activity quits if the user has given it a name. Currently in most of
the XOs I look at, the Journal is full of 'Write activity' objects where
the user has no chance to remember which one was which.

Tony