[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Yash Agarwal agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:05:19 EDT 2016

## Status of the Edit Fonts Project

Last week I worked on developing the Pen Tool only for lines, but all of
functionality was build keeping a general type segment in mind and so
adding the bezier curve drawing function will be just a 1-2 day task

>From Friday last week I have been working on completing application for a
v1 release
I have been hunting and fixing a lot of issues but the following still
remain to solved

### Work Left for the v1 .xo release
1. There is a issue with the Character Map, clicking on the glyphs doesn't
take you to the right glyph the second time
2. The Glyphs are not updated when they are edited for the 2nd time
3. Activation of the font needs to be done on a separate thread, the
application hangs for about 20 seconds [this is on a i7, I'm assuming that
it will be much slower on a XO]
4. The Saving of the font has to be done within a zip file for the activity
to make a proper journal entry, I have worked on this earlier but this is
not working as it should and leads to a activity crash
5. there are few more not so significant ones....

Overall, this should take (if being Optimistic) about 1-2 days to sort out
so I'll set a deadline of Friday this week for the v1 release

Wish me luck!