[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Tony's comments on localization

Nick Doiron ndoiron at mapmeld.com
Sun Jul 10 12:16:04 EDT 2016

re Cherokee language: I had the opportunity to work with Cherokee Nation on
a technology localization project five years ago when I was at Esri

The Cherokee Nation has a specially organized team involved in translating
tech.
Your primary issue would be getting a Cherokee font (including recent
Unicode addition of lower-case letters) to work on the laptop.
Cherokee schools also have a good relationship with Apple, so they've
localized the Mac and iOS for school use already.  If you had a compelling
reason for Sugar in their schools, you'd want to explain it to their
localization group and see what they think.

Nick