[Sugar-devel] Resume Activity

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Fri Jul 8 09:36:04 EDT 2016

Hi Utkarsh, Tony,

Regarding the Sugar-On-The-Ground designs and ideas, it has come to my
attention that some of them intersect with thisdesign document from 2008
by Eben Eliason
<http://download.laptop.org/content/conf/20080520-country-wkshp/Presentations/OLPC%20Country%20Meeting%20-%20Day%202%20-%20May%2021st,%202008/Refining%20Sugar.pdf>
who was one of the lead Sugar designers.

In particular, the home-view start palette would help refine the start
action. Currently I agree it is not immediately clear to the user that
by default they will resume a previous journal object.

Having these designs in mind while changing Sugar is a good way to avoid
controversies as Eben's designs were generally accepted.