[Sugar-devel] Language Control Panel

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Jul 3 07:42:37 EDT 2016

Hi, Sam

I am hoping that the Ubuntu Sugar can become the basis for a version
deployable on platforms other than the XO. In trying it out, I am
discovering a number of glitches (for example, the Lion activity needs
to update the po file for another activity. No problem on an XO but on
Ubuntu the user is a Linux user with no root permission and the activity
is in /usr/share/sugar/activities owned by root. This is to be expected.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the languages. I was able to test
Lion on my XO-1.75 and so have released version 2.

Tony