[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Sat Jul 2 15:46:03 EDT 2016

On 2 July 2016 at 08:40, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> a control panel for fonts?

I think that sounds like a good idea - but, I think, outside the scope of
our GSOC project.

I think kids don't want to have to deal with dozens of 'boring' system
fonts, they want to play with making their own fonts and then using them in
Write or other Activities. Therefore the Fonts Activity should make that
simple.

A Fonts Control Panel could provide a 'user blacklist' that determines
which fonts are shown to users, thus allowing the hiding of system fonts
from Activities without actually uninstalling them.

Yash, I suggest anything that requires root is out of scope :)