[Sugar-devel] Sugar on Ubuntu

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Jul 1 10:11:52 EDT 2016

Quoting Tony Anderson (2016-07-01 14:54:12)
> I believe this version comes from OLPC (James Cameron). This version
> includes valuable changes to the structure of Sugar. However,
> sugar-bundle-install apparently was not updated to reflect this.
> Similarly, the permissions on this version must be set up to share
> activities between users, which is not relevant to the XO
> implementation where there is one user - olpc.

My comment was about how to most optimally address bugs in code not
developed as part of Sugarlabs, but instead hacked on by a downstream
(re)distributor.

If you insist on handling external code as if part of Sugarlabs (i.e. by
reporting bugs in it on a mailinglist tied to Sugarlabs rather than the
(re)distributor), then go ahead - you don't need my permission.

...but please do not try convince me that it is most sensible.

When you one day stumble upon a bug in the Debian-derived Sugar packages
I would very much appreciate being informed about it *in* *Debian* -
please do *not* expect downstream developers to follow this list.

 - Jonas