[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Read ETexts-27

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 21:11:39 EST 2016

James,

I tested on Fedora 23 Workstation. The speech feature works OK there. I
don't think I'm doing anything with Ctrl-q.

This is the code that I think is being complained about when it disables
speech:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/readetexts/mainline/blobs/master/speech.py

The line is:

Gst.ElementFactory.make('espeak')

I see similar lines elsewhere where a second argument is used, specifying
source or sink.

I'll give this another try later, probably tomorrow evening. Don't release
this version.

I could use some clarification on what ctrl-q is supposed to do. I haven't
done Sugar coding for something like three years and this sounds new.

James Simmons