[Sugar-devel] [Announcing] UNSTABLE 0.107.2 release (API, UI and Strings freeze)

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Jan 24 09:35:43 EST 2016

Some confusion probably caused by not reading the proposals for this
release. I was not aware there was a search box in the Home View. What
is its
function?

Currently, the XO palette is open when the Home View appears. This is
presumably a bug and not a feature which will be fixed by putting the
focus on the search box. I hope this new search box has a sufficiently
useful function for all XOs to justify this grab for attention.

The problem with the palette is that it is modal and no action can be
taken on the keyboard (e.g. switch to Journal or Neighborhood View or
look at Frame) until the cursor is moved. This, of course, requires one
more step in 'onboarding' to make users aware of the disabling nature of
modal dialogs.

Tony