[Sugar-devel] Stable release deadline, translations and exceptional bug fixes

Martin Abente martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 08:55:51 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

According to our roadmap [1] we are supposed to release our stable version
on February 1st, which is basically in a week.

Even though we are not far in terms of what we wanted to achieve for this
release, I honestly think we are not quite ready yet. The main reasons are:

   - We definitely need more time than a week to QA translations, at least
   for the main languages that we (developers) usually support ourselves.
   - There are still a couple patches I believe would be worth considering,
   specially [2] to give Sam and Walter more flexibility with the
   collaboration wrapper.

Therefore, I am considering to move the release date to February 6th (or
even another week later), but first let me know what you think.

Martin.

Refs:
1. https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.108/Roadmap
2. https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/621