[Sugar-devel] loT on Sugar and OLPC

samson goddy samsongoddy at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:57:49 EST 2016

Hello guys,
   I know most of you are familiar with the "loT" Internet of Things (IoT) via wiki, is the network of physical objects, devices,
vehicles, buildings and other items which are embedded with electronics,
 software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these
objects to collect and exchange data. Interest so how does this involves Sugar and OLPC? i and T.K Kang were chatting on facebook he came up with an idea of the loT in Sugar OS and OLPC. Here are the ideas

1. XO users can learn it by experimenting with the mesh network.

2. An activity that can destinate manipulation of variables and outcome when certain values are reach... that the other XO will respond. e.g. when my XO has a number 10 typed in or from a sensor.. the other XO on the mesh detect this and play a music!

3. Children need to understand IP address, etc for future IoT growth

4. After mesh network one assign the XO for a function with the IP e.g. XO with 192.178.1.20 = music box/XO and XO with 192.178.1.21 = light bulb, etc

Samson