[Sugar-devel] Simulate a download

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 5 23:06:59 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 09:26:32AM +0530, Utkarsh Tiwari wrote:
> Is there any way to simulate a download in browse activitiy locally
> without actually downloading a file from internet. I need this to test
> a feature-enhancement.

Yes.

You might run a local web server using the python module
SimpleHTTPServer, then you can download from that without using the
internet.

Create an empty directory, put a file or two in it that you want to
download, then cd to that directory and type "python -m
SimpleHTTPServer".

It will say something like "Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8000", so
then you can open http://localhost:8000/ in Browse activity.

It gets more complex if you want to manipulate the content-type, but
for plain content it should work.  Otherwise install Apache.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/