[Sugar-devel] Sugar On Broadway?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 26 16:27:45 EDT 2016

Hi

On 26 April 2016 at 16:08, Manash Raja <mpdmanash at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ya, I tried running sugar on bradwayd just today itself and was about to
> ask Sebastian about it. Got surprised to see this thread :)

Great minds think alike - or fools seldom differ??? : D

> 1) How and where will this feature be used.

Well, per the [IAEP] thread 'Is "Most Sugar Users Use XO Laptops" True?'
then it seems this is essential to demo'ing sugar to teachers and other
people it is important to influence to drive up Sugar adoption.

> 2) If we consider it for deployment, then I guess it would be same like
> Xephyr and Docker. In fact I also though of making a package for sugar in
> Docker.

Yep, https://github.com/alexlarsson/broadway-docker seems like a great
starting point to make.... SODA: "Sugar Online Docker Access"

I also think a SPK for sandstorm.io might be an even better fit than
Docker.

--
Cheers
Dave