[Sugar-devel] Issue tracking on Github?

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Mon Apr 25 11:41:08 EDT 2016

Hi

On 25 April 2016 at 07:42, Devin <devin at ulibarri.website> wrote:

> *If* GitLab and/or trac, for example, had the features of GitHub and had
> a plugin that weeded out spam would it *then* be preferable to GitHub?

Not for me: The primary reason Github is preferable for me is that it is
the system used by almost all other libre software projects. This means
Sugar will have the lowest barrier to entry for those already familiar with
it, and it means those not yet familiar with libre software development
will learn how to contribute to most projects.

I think this is what Jamie meant by "It would be easier for new developers
to find and contribute if it were on github"

--
Cheers
Dave