[Sugar-devel] Vision

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu Apr 21 01:10:54 EDT 2016

Sam

I appreciate your constructive comments.

I am sorry that he responded to an offer of help with a derogatory
statements addressed at me and indeed, I need to learn to ignore them.

James is on 13.2.7, I am on 13.2.5. There is nothing that can be done
about that until this summer. I do have an XO-1 with an early release of
what was then called Sugar (now OLPC OS, I suppose). With an SD card
image, I could compare the performance of the two. If James supplied the
image, I suspect he would be more confident of the results than if it
was dependent on my manual patches.

James seems perpetually concerned that I am not using the latest release
(my XO-1 is recycled from a user who was using in 2015 software from
2008, not untypical in the field). Unlike oplc/sugar, my cycle is at
best, annual. As he must limit his commitments based on the demands on
his time, so must I.

Just to repeat: I accept the images from olpc/sugarlabs, modify them to
meet the perceived needs of the deployments I am working with,
and install them on the local laptops and school server. I am not a
developer. I am a client. If there is community interest in what I am
doing, I am happy to share.

Tony