[Sugar-devel] Any js related beginner bugs that I can work on

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Apr 20 04:40:12 EDT 2016

Agreed, there are very few bugs.sugarlabs.org tickets for JavaScript
development.  My guess is either;

1.  it's nearly perfect already, ;-)

2.  there are no tickets being logged there,

3.  the moderation queue has made ticket creation too difficult.

No tickets being logged (2 above) might be because either there is a
better place (e.g. GitHub issues, Facebook, Twitter) or there are no
users engaging developers.  I'd prefer to imagine the former!

If there was a list of JavaScript activities to compare with Python
activities, you might focus on finding an activity that is not yet
ported to JavaScript.

Try Implode or Pippy?  ;-)

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 02:02:19PM +0530, Love Mehta wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Hope you are doing well.
>
> I was going through the bugs list at [1]bugs.sugarlabs.org and observed that
> most of the bugs needed knowledge of python. I have spent much time on the
> buglist and found a number of bugs interesting to work on but they required the
> knowledge of python. I am a javascript developer and am finding it difficult to
> find bugs to start with.
>
> To gain some confidence I am looking for a beginner level bug which is mostly
> based on js related work.
>
> Can anybody point me to any of the bugs that require javascript or any other
> webapps based knowledge that I can work on?
> Also any other bug which requires very low knowledge of python and can be fixed
> with simple understanding and short changes will also be fine to get me
> started.
> Thanks,
> Love
>
> *