[Sugar-devel] Vision

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Apr 20 00:48:44 EDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 10:33:44PM -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:
> Interestingly OLPC also offer XO-4s today with either Fedora+Sugar,
> or Android, or Windows XP.

No, we only build them with Fedora + Sugar + Gnome.  Customer may load
Android after delivery.  Windows XP is not on offer for XO-4.

> I'm not sure how many Android units OLPC has shipped,

None.

> but I can not find any evidence that XP was - [...] - ever shipped
> by OLPC, [...]

None.  Windows XP required a PC architecture, which the early models
were capable of, and the systems were engineered, but there were no
customer orders, so we never shipped it.  (My guess is that people
said they wanted it, but when it came to the crunch they didn't).  The
XO-4 is certainly not capable, because it isn't an x86 processor.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/